- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 (3 pound) beef chuck roast
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Place onion soup mix in the bottom of a slow cooker. Place roast in the slow cooker, and top with cranberry sauce.
- Cover, and cook 8 hours on Low.
- Remove roast, and set aside. Set slow cooker to High. Whisk together butter and flour, and slowly mix into the liquid remaining in the slow cooker to create a thick gravy. Serve with the roast.
NotesI have to give credit and thanks to ATLANTAKIM from allrecipes.com for this wonderful recipe. I'm always looking for DIFFERENT slow cooker recipes and this one is now one of my favorites, especially in the fall and winter. My only changes to this recipe are that I line the bottom of the slow cooker with sliced onion. You could add potatoes and carrots right in the slow cooker, or make oven roasted potatoes as the side. Add some beef broth if there isn't enough cooking liquid.