- Cooking Time: 4-6 hours
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- For the pork: 1 3 lb. pork shoulder
- 1/2 c. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 c. water
- 1 tsp. freshly ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbls. brown sugar
- 2 Tbls. honey
- 6-8 Dried Japones Chilies or any other dried spicy pepper
- salt and pepper
- For the curry: 2 tsp. ground Japones Chilies
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 c. sugar snap peas
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup cashews, chopped
- 1 14.5 oz. can coconut milk
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2-3 Tbls red curry paste (depending on taste)
- 1 Tbls. brown sugar
- 1/3 c. fresh basil, julienned
- 1 lime, juiced
- Place dried chilies in a spice or coffee grinder and pulse until finely ground, reserve 2 tsp. for the curry.
- Season pork with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with ground chilies and place in a crock pot.
- Whisk remaining pork ingredients in a bowl and pour over pork.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours or high heat for 4 hours.
- Shred pork and toss with sauce to coat.
- For curry: In a large saute pan, whisk curry paste with 1/4 cup of the coconut milk over medium high heat. Bring to a boil and add peppers and sugar snap peas. Reduce heat to low and simmer 3-4 minutes. Add remaining coconut milk, tomatoes, and ground chilies and continue to simmer until vegetables are just tender. Add brown sugar, basil, lime juice, and salt to taste. Serve over long grain brown or basmati rice, top with pulled pork, and garnish with cashews and scallions.
NotesRecipe created for a Marx Foods Chili and a Spoon Challenge. You can vote here: [url]http://marxfood.com/[/url]
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More