- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage (or seasoned ground beef or turkey)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) Italian-style tomato sauce (or 45 oz. jar spaghetti sauce)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 container (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 15 uncooked lasagna noodles
- Cook sausage and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, basil and salt.
- 2. Mix 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses. (Refrigerate remaining mozzarella cheese while lasagna cooks.)
- 3. Spoon one-fourth of the sausage mixture into 6-quart slow cooker; top with 5 noodles, broken into pieces to fit. Spread with half of the cheese mixture and one-fourth of the sausage mixture. Top with 5 noodles, remaining cheese mixture and one-fourth of the sausage mixture. Top with remaining 5 noodles and remaining sausage mixture.
- 4. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 4 to 6 hours or until noodles are tender.
- 5. Sprinkle top of lasagna with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Cover and let stand about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into pieces.
NotesHome-cooked lasagna on a weeknight? Yes! Thanks to the slow cooker and no precooking of the noodles!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
The Blue Family Favorites<3
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More