- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) Italian-style tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 container (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 15 uncooked lasagna noodles
- Cook sausage and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce, basil and salt.
- Mix 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses. (Refrigerate remaining mozzarella cheese while lasagna cooks.)
- Spoon one-fourth of the sausage mixture into 6-quart slow cooker; top with 5 noodles, broken into pieces to fit.
- Spread with half of the cheese mixture and one-fourth of the sausage mixture.
- Top with 5 noodles, remaining cheese mixture and one-fourth of the sausage mixture.
- Top with remaining 5 noodles and remaining sausage mixture.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 4 to 6 hours or until noodles are tender.
- Sprinkle top of lasagna with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and let stand about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Cut into pieces.
NotesThis Recipe was sent to me by email. but, I can't remember from who. It could possibly be a Betty Crocker recipe. Nevertheless , I have tried it and it is Actually very good and quite tasty.
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More