- Cooking Time: 4-8 hours
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 pork loin, 2-3 lbs.
- 1 small red onion, sliced into rounds
- 1 large green apple, cored and sliced
- 1/2 red cabbage, sliced (about two cups)
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 Tbls. Mesquite grill seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Trim any fat from the pork and pat dry with paper towel.
- Season all sides with salt, pepper, and mesquite seasoning.
- Layer onions, apples, and cabbage in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Place pork on top.
- Pour in cider and vinegar.
- Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours, or on high heat for 3-4 hours.
NotesIt was a cooold and snowy weekend here in Michigan, so I stayed in and cooked the entire time! Sunday night I put this dish together in all of ten minutes, and threw it into the fridge. First thing in the morning I hooked up the crockpot and went out to face the frigid weather. There is nothing better than coming home from work on Monday evenings to find dinner waiting for you!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat NecessarySee More
Thomas' English Muffin Clone
Black Bean SoupSee More