- Cooking Time: 120
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 3/4 cup fat-free cholesterol-free egg product
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Ice cream, if desired
- Spray 3 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Spoon pie filling into cooker; spread evenly.
- Beat remaining ingredients except ice cream with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour batter over pie filling.
- Cover and cook on High heat setting 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve with ice cream.
- Note: This recipe is for a slow cooker with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer’s directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature.
NotesNow that we are heading into my favorite time of the year I can hardly wait to enjoy the taste of pumpkin and apples. Here’s a dessert that knows how to spell homemade with great flavor.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Black Bean Salad
Gabriola Clam Chowder
PUMPKIN CUSTARD PROFITEROLES WITH MAPLE CARAMELSee More