- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 arge onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- Place the chicken breast strips, bell pepper, and onion into a slow cooker. Pour in the chicken broth and 1/4 cup soy sauce, then season with cumin, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Stir to blend, then cover and cook on low for 4 ½ to 5 hours.
- Remove 1 cup of the liquid from the slow cooker, and mix this with the cornstarch, peanut butter, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, and lime juice. This should blend into a fairly thick suce. Stir the sauce back into the slower cooker and place the lid on the pot.
- Cook on high for 30 minutes. Serve over rice if desired. Garnish with green onions, cilantro and peanuts before serving
NotesSlow cooked chicken breasts in a rich, peanutty, slightly spicy sauce.