- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomatoes, crushed
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 2 teaspoons dried sweet basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- Heat oil in skillet; add onions,garlic, celery peppers and carrots.
- Saute on high until transparent.
- Transfer to slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Stir to blend together.
- Cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
- About an hour before serving time, check and thin with water if necessary.
- I love a thick sauce.
- Last time I made this I have a large slow cooker; I added a 3rd can of chopped tomatoes.
- Set the Slow cooker on Low and let is cook overnight.
- Use your processor on the pulse mode to chop your vegetables.
- I always try to make it in the summer and add my fresh herbs by the handfull.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More