- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2½ pound turkey breast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp dried sage
- 2 cups FF low sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup white wine (optional)
- ¼ cup flour (optional)
- Brown turkey breast in oil. Remove from skillet and place in slow cooker.
- Saute onions and garlic in reserved drippings. Stir in seasonings, broth and wine, mix well.
- Pour seasoned broth over turkey in slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on low 6 - 8 hours.
- Remove turkey from cooker and allow to rest for 10 minutes on warm platter.
- Remove 1 cup broth from cooker and place in bowl. Mix ¼ cup flour into broth in bowl until smooth.
- Stir back into broth in cooker until smooth. Cover and cook on high for 10 minutes or until broth is thickened.
- Serve turkey with gravy or au jus.
NotesI actually haven't made this yet, it will be dinner tomorrow evening.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More