- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 medium to large zucchini, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 quart stewed, no-added-salt tomatoes with juice, or 2 cans (14 1/2-oz.) stewed, no-added-salt tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 ozs. (1 cup) reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Makes 8 Servings (Ideal slow cooker size: 4 quarts)
- 1. Layer zucchini, onion, and tomatoes in slow cooker.
- 2. Sprinkle with salt, basil, and cheese. 3. Cover. Cook on Low 6-8 hours.
- Exchange List Values: Vegetable 2.0, Fat 0.5.
- Basic Nutritional Values: Calories 79 (Calories from Fat 21), Total Fat 2 gm (Saturated Fat 1.3 gm, Polyunsat Fat 0.3 gm, Monounsat Fat 0.4 gm, Cholesterol 8 mg), Sodium 273 mg, Total Carbohydrate 11 gm, Dietary Fiber 2 gm, Sugars 5 gm, Protein 6 gm.
Screen-to-Table Cookbook: Food in Film
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More