- Cooking Time: 3 1/2 hours
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 8-oz celery root, peeled and chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 1 rutabaga, peeled and chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 3 carrots, chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 3 leeks, white and pale green parts only, washed well and chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- low-fat Greek yogurt (optional garnish)
- Preheat oven to 275˚F.
- Put all ingredients into a large, ovenproof pot with a lid.
- Bring to a simmer on the stove, then place in the preheated oven.
- Cook for 3 hours, then remove from the oven and take off the lid.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves, then puree the soup with an immersion blender, or in a blender or food processor in batches.
- Serve hot with a dollop of low-fat Greek yogurt.
NotesAdapted from a cookbook recipe, this soup is so easy and so full of rich, creamy flavors that you won't believe it has no fat in it!!
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy Life
Thanksgiving With The Singing VeganSee More
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage Casserole
Vanilla Crunch Clouds
Fruity With a Touch of ZingSee More