- Cooking Time: 3 1/2 hours
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
BackstoryAdapted from a cookbook recipe, this soup is so easy and so full of rich, creamy flavors that you won't believe it has no fat in it!!
- 8-oz celery root, peeled and chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 1 rutabaga, peeled and chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 3 carrots, chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 3 leeks, white and pale green parts only, washed well and chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- low-fat Greek yogurt (optional garnish)
- Preheat oven to 275˚F.
- Put all ingredients into a large, ovenproof pot with a lid.
- Bring to a simmer on the stove, then place in the preheated oven.
- Cook for 3 hours, then remove from the oven and take off the lid.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves, then puree the soup with an immersion blender, or in a blender or food processor in batches.
- Serve hot with a dollop of low-fat Greek yogurt.
Get Fit With Good Food!
Heart Healthy Recipes from The HUB at UW-Milwaukee
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
GRILLED MISO-CITRUS SCALLOP LOLLIPOPS
Chocolate Panna CottaSee More