- Cooking Time: 3 1/2 hours
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 8-oz celery root, peeled and chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 1 rutabaga, peeled and chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 3 carrots, chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 3 leeks, white and pale green parts only, washed well and chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- low-fat Greek yogurt (optional garnish)
- Preheat oven to 275˚F.
- Put all ingredients into a large, ovenproof pot with a lid.
- Bring to a simmer on the stove, then place in the preheated oven.
- Cook for 3 hours, then remove from the oven and take off the lid.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves, then puree the soup with an immersion blender, or in a blender or food processor in batches.
- Serve hot with a dollop of low-fat Greek yogurt.
NotesAdapted from a cookbook recipe, this soup is so easy and so full of rich, creamy flavors that you won't believe it has no fat in it!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More