- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 lb white beans, such as navy
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (I use breasts)
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth, water or a combination
- Turn a 3-quart slow cooker on high.
- Place cumin and coriander in a small, dry skillet. Stir over medium-low heat until it smells toasty and spicy- about 2 or 3 minutes.
- Combine it in a up with salt, pepper, oregano, paprika and cayenne.
- Put onion, garlic and green chilies into the slow cooker.
- Rinse beans, put them in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle chicken thighs with cumin mixture and pile the chicken into the pot.
- Add chicken broth/water.
- Cover and cook 8 hours or so until the beans are soft and the chicken falls apart when you stir.
- Serve with sour cream and spicy salsa. Garnish with chunks of avocado! NUMMY!
- Source: Lina/CK
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More