- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 lb white beans, such as navy
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (I use breasts)
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth, water or a combination
- Turn a 3-quart slow cooker on high.
- Place cumin and coriander in a small, dry skillet. Stir over medium-low heat until it smells toasty and spicy- about 2 or 3 minutes.
- Combine it in a up with salt, pepper, oregano, paprika and cayenne.
- Put onion, garlic and green chilies into the slow cooker.
- Rinse beans, put them in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle chicken thighs with cumin mixture and pile the chicken into the pot.
- Add chicken broth/water.
- Cover and cook 8 hours or so until the beans are soft and the chicken falls apart when you stir.
- Serve with sour cream and spicy salsa. Garnish with chunks of avocado! NUMMY!
- Source: Lina/CK
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Watt's Cooking in PA?
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)See More
Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
GRILLED MISO-CITRUS SCALLOP LOLLIPOPS
Chocolate Panna CottaSee More