- Cooking Time: overnight
- Servings: 3-4
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 4 cups water
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, or to taste
- optional mix ins..raisins, craisins, mixed dried fruits, chopped apple, toasted coconut and walnuts or almonds. The list is endless!
- Grease the inside of slowcooker generously!
- Combine the oats and water in a slow cooker.
- Set on low, cover, and let cook overnight.
- In the morning, stir in the salt(optional) and milk until combined.
- Add in any mixins you might like and let stand for about 20 mins.
- Scoop into bowls, and sprinkle with brown sugar or coconut.
NotesGreat overnight oatmeal..
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More