- Cooking Time: overnight
- Servings: 3-4
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 4 cups water
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, or to taste
- optional mix ins..raisins, craisins, mixed dried fruits, chopped apple, toasted coconut and walnuts or almonds. The list is endless!
- Grease the inside of slowcooker generously!
- Combine the oats and water in a slow cooker.
- Set on low, cover, and let cook overnight.
- In the morning, stir in the salt(optional) and milk until combined.
- Add in any mixins you might like and let stand for about 20 mins.
- Scoop into bowls, and sprinkle with brown sugar or coconut.
NotesGreat overnight oatmeal..
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Adventures in Cooking
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Parmesan Corn Pudding
Seven-layer Macaroni & Cheese SaladSee More