SMALL BATCH JUMBO OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (94 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (2.5 ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (2.5 ml)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (1.25 ml)
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (142 grams)
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar (70 grams)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (50 grams)
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (2.5 ml)
- 1 1/2 cups oats old fashion oats (120 grams)
- 1/2 cup jumbo size raisins (80 grams)
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts or pecans, chopped (optional) – (80 grams)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 C).
In a medium bowl, thoroughly stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
In a mixing bowl, cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg white and vanilla.
Stir in the flour mixture. When flour is absorbed, stir in oats, raisins and nuts (if using). Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls (ping pong ball size), spacing 3 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 11-13 minutes or until edges of cookies are golden. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely.
Makes about 14 cookies