- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (94 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (2.5 ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (2.5 ml)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (1.25 ml)
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (142 grams)
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar (70 grams)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (50 grams)
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (2.5 ml)
- 1 1/2 cups oats old fashion oats (120 grams)
- 1/2 cup jumbo size raisins (80 grams)
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts or pecans, chopped (optional) – (80 grams)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 C).
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg white and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour mixture. When flour is absorbed, stir in oats, raisins and nuts (if using). Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls (ping pong ball size), spacing 3 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 11-13 minutes or until edges of cookies are golden. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Makes about 14 cookies
NotesI found this recipe on Cookie Madness blog. They are really good.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Camp Nubar Baking Class
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More