- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cup blueberries, washed
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup uncooked cornmeal
- 2 Tablespoons sugar, granulated
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
- 1/3 cup fat-free skim milk
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Place two muffin liners in each of 12 muffin holes. (You can use 12 oven-proof custard cups, too.)
- In a medium bowl, toss blueberries with lemon juice, lemon zest, powdered sugar and cornstarch; mix well.
- Fill each muffin hole with 1/3 cup of blueberry mixture.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, granulated sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Cut cold butter into flour mixture with a pastry cutter or back of a fork; work mixture into a coarse meal.
- Add milk and incorporate until just combined.
- Knead dough five or six times with your hand until dough just comes together.
- Roll dough into a ball on a flat work surface (lightly sprinkle surface with flour if dough feels sticky); divide dough into 12 even, smaller balls. To make round crusts, press down on each ball with palm of your hand or a spatula until it’s large enough to completely cover each cobbler; place flattened dough over prepared muffin holes.
- Bake until crust turns golden, about 25 to 30 minutes. Yields 1 cobbler per serving.
NotesThis is a perfect, light weight, low-cal dessert for summer!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Gluten-Free and Delicious
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More