- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 15-ounce cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 slices multigrain bread
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, preferably hothouse (seedless), thinly sliced (peeled, if desired)
- 1 4- to 5-ounce container sprouts (such as alfalfa, radish, broccoli, or a combination)
- 2 avocados, pitted and thinly sliced
- *Hummus can be used instead of white beans to make this even quicker
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine the beans, oil, salt, and pepper. Roughly mash the mixture with the back of a fork.
- 2. Place 8 of the bread slices on a work surface. Divide the mashed beans among the slices. Top with the onion, cucumber, sprouts, and avocado.
- 3. Stack the open-faced sandwiches on top of one another, avocado-side up, to make 4 double-decker sandwiches. Top with the remaining 4 slices of bread. Slice each sandwich in half, if desired, and serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More