- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 or 3 Rhodes Texas™ Rolls, thawed but still cold
- 1 egg, beaten
- suggested sandwich fillings: barbeque beef and cheese
- Press rolls together to form a flat oval shape. With a knife, cut out a wide "V" shape in side of oval. Rotate "V" about a quarter turn and tuck the point under the pumpkin to form a stem. Trim, if necessary.
- Place on a sprayed baking sheet. Cut out 3 large triangles for eyes and a nose, and a large crescent shape mouth. Leave some teeth in, if desired.
- Cut 3 curved lines from top to bottom, almost all the way through the dough. Brush with egg and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350°F about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on rack and then slice horizontally. Fill with piping-hot barbeque beef and cheese, or your own favorite sandwich-makings.
NotesThis is just one of the coolest looking Halloween recipes I've seen. This is definitely on my list of things to try this Halloween season just so I can make things a little bit more special for the kids. Too often I forget how important doing things like this is to our kids.
I think I will try to make it a Halloween week!
The Naked Macaron
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More