- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is just one of the coolest looking Halloween recipes I've seen. This is definitely on my list of things to try this Halloween season just so I can make things a little bit more special for the kids. Too often I forget how important doing things like this is to our kids.
I think I will try to make it a Halloween week!
- 2 or 3 Rhodes Texas™ Rolls, thawed but still cold
- 1 egg, beaten
- suggested sandwich fillings: barbeque beef and cheese
- Press rolls together to form a flat oval shape. With a knife, cut out a wide "V" shape in side of oval. Rotate "V" about a quarter turn and tuck the point under the pumpkin to form a stem. Trim, if necessary.
- Place on a sprayed baking sheet. Cut out 3 large triangles for eyes and a nose, and a large crescent shape mouth. Leave some teeth in, if desired.
- Cut 3 curved lines from top to bottom, almost all the way through the dough. Brush with egg and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350°F about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on rack and then slice horizontally. Fill with piping-hot barbeque beef and cheese, or your own favorite sandwich-makings.