- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4-6 lbs beef brisket
- red wine vinegar (for spraying) (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons country-style dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- Marinate brisket for 24 hours.
- Wipe extra marinade from brisket
- with paper towel.
- Rub spices into brisket, wrap in plastic wrap, and "marinate" for at least 6 hours.
- Smoke brisket at 200-225 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours per pound + 30 minutes, until the internal temperature is 190 degrees. For the last 2 1/2 hours, spray with red wine vinegar (optional) and seal the brisket in foil.
- Let rest 15 to 20 minutes before slicing.
- While resting, heat sauce
- ingredients over medium low heat.
- Serve with BBQ sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More