- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- Beer Cheese Sauce (Makes 1 quart):
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup red ale
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable seasoning (such as Mrs. Dash)
- 1/2 onion, diced small
- 2 jalapenos, diced small
- 1 teaspoon pureed or granulated garlic
- White pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds American cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup canned black beans
- Salt, pepper, and chili powder to taste
- 1/2 pound smoked or cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup sliced canned jalapenos (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup guacamole (optional)
- Corn or flour tortilla chips
- Prepare Beer Cheese Sauce: In a large pot, combine chicken broth, beer, milk, vegetable seasoning, onion, jalapenos, garlic, and pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Over very low heat, add 1 slice of American cheese at a time, whisking constantly. Do not leave unattended. After all the cheese is melted and whisked in, remove the pot from the heat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water. Add cornstarch mixture in a slow stream to the Beer Cheese Sauce, whisking constantly. Add just enough cornstarch mixture to bring sauce to a nice consistency.
- Prepare Nachos: Drain and rinse black beans. Heat over low heat and season with salt, pepper, and chili powder to taste.
- Cover four individual small plates or one large platter with tortilla chips. Pour heated black beans over chips. Add diced chicken. Pour hot beer cheese over to cover but not smother.
- Top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, green onions, olives, and jalapenos. Add a dollop of sour cream and guacamole to the top of the nachos. Serve warm with extra Beer Cheese Sauce on the side.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More