- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (4-pound) pork loin
- Extra-virgin olive oil, as needed
- 3 tablespoons dry spice rub for pork
- 1 (10-ounce) jar seedless raspberry jam
- 1 (5-ounce) bottle chipotle hot pepper sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- Preheat stovetop or outdoor smoker to approximately 230 degrees F.
- Trim the white "silver skin" from the pork loin and lightly coat the entire loin with olive oil. Sprinkle the rub liberally on all sides of the loin.
- Place pork in the smoker and smoke until internal temperature or pork reaches 150 degrees F, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Remove pork from smoker and wrap lightly in aluminum foil.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler.
- Place the jam in a medium bowl and stir in about 1/3 of the chipotle sauce. Mix well, adding more chipotle sauce until the heat and taste reach your personal preference.
- Unwrap the pork and cover with the glaze. Place on a broiler pan and broil until glaze is bubbling, about 3 minutes. Slice pork against the grain and serve.