- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ounce smoked salmon
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 (13-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- Minced parsley
- Flake salmon.
- Saute onions, celery and garlic in butter. Add potatoes, carrots, reserved salmon liquid, chicken broth and seasonings. Simmer, covered, 20 minutes, or until vegetables are nearly tender.
- Add broccoli and cook 5 minutes. Add flaked salmon, evaporated milk and corn; heat thoroughly. Sprinkle with minced parsley to serve.
- Makes 6 servings.
NotesI found this in a cooking magazine several years ago. Of course I changed it a bit but it is great!
My father raves about it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
The Naked Macaron
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More