- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 8 ounces sliced smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons small capers, drained
- 1 seedless cucumber, with peel, sliced into rounds the size of crackers
- Combine the cream cheese, lemon juice, red onion, and basil in a bowl until completely blended.
- On a piece of waxed paper, arrange the smoked salmon slices in a rectangle about 3 inches wide and 12 inches long, slightly overlapping each piece. (If the salmon slices are cut irregularly, simply piece them together like a puzzle.)
- Spread a thin layer of the cream cheese mixture on the salmon, sprinkle with the capers, and roll up like a jellyroll.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to firm, then cut into 1/2-inch slices. Place each pinwheel atop a cucumber round to serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More