SMOKED SALMON PINWHEELS
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 8 ounces sliced smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons small capers, drained
- 1 seedless cucumber, with peel, sliced into rounds the size of crackers
Combine the cream cheese, lemon juice, red onion, and basil in a bowl until completely blended.
On a piece of waxed paper, arrange the smoked salmon slices in a rectangle about 3 inches wide and 12 inches long, slightly overlapping each piece. (If the salmon slices are cut irregularly, simply piece them together like a puzzle.)
Spread a thin layer of the cream cheese mixture on the salmon, sprinkle with the capers, and roll up like a jellyroll.
Refrigerate for 1 hour to firm, then cut into 1/2-inch slices. Place each pinwheel atop a cucumber round to serve.