- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg of Knox Gelatin or 3-4 leaves of Silver grade Bloom 160 gelatin
- 14 oz smoked salmon; thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Crème fraîche
- 2 TB Dill Mustard or Dijon + 1/2 tsp Dried Dill Weed or 1 tsp Fresh chopped dill weed
- The juice of 1 lime
- 2 lemons for garnish
- In a small heatproof bowl, sprinkle gelatin over lime juice.
- Line a small loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- Lay salmon slices horizontally, covering the bottom of the pan, as well as the sides, leaving ends hanging over the sides.
- Reserve enough salmon to lay down a middle layer across the length of the pan.
- Finely chop the remaining salmon and combine with Mustard, Cream Cheese, and crème fraîche until homogenous.
- Warm gelatin over low heat until it becomes clear.
- Cool slightly and add to the cheese mixture; Stir to combine well.
- Spread half of the mixture into the loaf pan.
- Lay down the remaining smoked salmon slices, then the remainder of the mixture.
- Tap the pan on the counter to remove any air bubbles,
- Fold the overhanging salmon slices to cover the top.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Slice and serve with Lemon wedge leaves.
- This is done by making V cuts into the lemons at 1/4 inch intervals.
NotesMore salmon.. Great for the holiday appetizer tray
1. You can use Grav Lax or Lox in place of the smoked salmon if you wish for a mellower taste
2. If I don't have crème fraîche around, I will replace it with 1/4 cup mascarpone and 1/4 cup full fat sour cream.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
My Family CookbookSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More