- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 large eggs
- 2 ounces sliced smoked salmon (2 slices), finely chopped
- 1½ tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 slices of white bread
- Place the eggs in a small, heavy saucepan with a tight-fitting lid and add cold water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then turn off the heat, cover the pan with the lid and let stand for 10 minutes. Remove the eggs and place them in a bowl filled with ice water. When cool, peel the eggs and finely chop in a medium bowl. Add the salmon, chives, mayonnaise and sour cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread one-third of the egg salad on each of 3 slices of bread. Cover with the remaining bread slices. Trim the crusts and cut each sandwich into 4 triangles.