- Cooking Time: 40
- Preparation Time:
BackstorySmoked salmon has become the favorite appetizer at family gatherings.
- 1/2 pound fresh salmon
- Prepare smoker as directed by manufacturer. Wipe grate with olive oil to keep salmon from sticking.
- Place salmon in middle of grate.
- Smoke for 30-40 minutes.
- When the fat starts to thicken on top, check the salmon. The salmon is ready when it flakes easily.
- You can also smoke salmon on a charcoal grill using the indirect method.
- Different wood chips will give the salmon different flavors. We've decided we like apple the best.