SMOKED SAUSAGE & BUTTER BEAN SOUP
Smoked Sausage & Butter Bean Soup
- Cooking Time: 2-2 1/2hrs
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1pkg Applwood Smoked Chicken Sausages (4-5pcs), sliced
- Olive Oil
- 1 lg Fennel Bulb including fronds, sliced
- 2 stalks Celery, sliced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 5-7 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1-2 sprigs ea Rosemary, Thyme, Sage, stems removed
- 1/2tsp or so White Pepper
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 cans Butter Beans
- 1 can Chicken Stock
- 1/4 stick Butter
Heat oil in Dutch oven; add sausage and brown 5-7min.
Add fennel, celery, onion, garlic and spices; cook til veggies begin to tender and slightly carmelize, 5-7min.
Add beans and stock and stir to blend; reduce heat and simmer 1-2hrs.
Just before serving, stir in butter til melted and blended to finish.
Website Credit: http://www.delish.com/