SMOKED SAUSAGE BEER CHEESE SOUP
- Servings: 4-6
- 1 lb smoked sausage or kielbasa, cut in coins
- 12 ounces dark beer
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 lb cheddar cheese, shredded (sharp)
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 cup half-and-half or milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
In a large saucepan boil potatoes in water until they start to get tender.
Add onions, salt, sausage, black pepper, cayenne pepper and beer.
Simmer until potatoes are completely tender.
Add half and half and cheese and simmer until cheese melts (Add thickener if you prefer, flour, corn starch, or instant mashed potatoes).