- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs smoked sausages, sliced
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 4 apples, cored and chopped
- 16 oz. bag of tri-color coleslaw blend
- 16 oz. jar of sauerkraut
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 Tablespoon brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sautee the sausages and onion in the butter until the onion is nice and caramelized.
- While the sausages and onion cook, mix together the apples, shredded cabbage blend, and sauerkraut in a large bowl. Spread into a 9x13 glassware baking dish.
- Spread the sausages and caramelized onions on top of the apple, cabbage, and kraut.
- Pour the half-and-half into the pan where the sausages and onions cooked. Use it to deglaze the pan. Mix in the brown sugar until dissolved. Pour this over everything in the 9x13.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Serve with some manner of potatoes and corn bread.
NotesI made this after a conversation with my Husband about a dish his grandmother used to make. I often use the bags of pre-shredded cabbage and carrots sold for easy coleslaw prep instead of taking the time to core and shred a cabbage myself.
HKA Community Fair Recipes 2015
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More