- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs smoked sausages, sliced
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 4 apples, cored and chopped
- 16 oz. bag of tri-color coleslaw blend
- 16 oz. jar of sauerkraut
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 Tablespoon brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sautee the sausages and onion in the butter until the onion is nice and caramelized.
- While the sausages and onion cook, mix together the apples, shredded cabbage blend, and sauerkraut in a large bowl. Spread into a 9x13 glassware baking dish.
- Spread the sausages and caramelized onions on top of the apple, cabbage, and kraut.
- Pour the half-and-half into the pan where the sausages and onions cooked. Use it to deglaze the pan. Mix in the brown sugar until dissolved. Pour this over everything in the 9x13.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Serve with some manner of potatoes and corn bread.
NotesI made this after a conversation with my Husband about a dish his grandmother used to make. I often use the bags of pre-shredded cabbage and carrots sold for easy coleslaw prep instead of taking the time to core and shred a cabbage myself.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
50 Shades of TasteSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More