- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time:
- ¼ pound smoked trout (remove skin if necessary)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 30 large cherry tomatoes (1 pint)
- Chopped fresh chives for garnish (optional)
- Place trout in a medium bowl and break up into small pieces with a fork. Add sour cream, lemon juice, and chives; stir to combine. Season generously with pepper.
- Using a serrated knife, cut 1/8 inch off the stem end of each tomato and a tiny bit off the bottom so the tomatoes will stand. Remove the seeds using a small melon baller. Fill each hollow tomato with a generous ½ teaspoon of the trout salad. Sprinkle each with a few chives, if using, and serve.
- Makes 10 (3-piece) servings
- Per serving: 40 calories, 2 g fat, 0.5 g saturated fat, 3 g protein, 3 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 75 mg sodium
- Make-Ahead: Trout salad can be made up to 1 day in advance; refrigerate in a covered container and bring to room temperature before using. Tomatoes can be hollowed out up to 1 hour before the party; cover with plastic wrap but do not refrigerate. Fill shortly before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!See More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More