- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time:
- ¼ pound smoked trout (remove skin if necessary)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 30 large cherry tomatoes (1 pint)
- Chopped fresh chives for garnish (optional)
- Place trout in a medium bowl and break up into small pieces with a fork. Add sour cream, lemon juice, and chives; stir to combine. Season generously with pepper.
- Using a serrated knife, cut 1/8 inch off the stem end of each tomato and a tiny bit off the bottom so the tomatoes will stand. Remove the seeds using a small melon baller. Fill each hollow tomato with a generous ½ teaspoon of the trout salad. Sprinkle each with a few chives, if using, and serve.
- Makes 10 (3-piece) servings
- Per serving: 40 calories, 2 g fat, 0.5 g saturated fat, 3 g protein, 3 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 75 mg sodium
- Make-Ahead: Trout salad can be made up to 1 day in advance; refrigerate in a covered container and bring to room temperature before using. Tomatoes can be hollowed out up to 1 hour before the party; cover with plastic wrap but do not refrigerate. Fill shortly before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
The Naked Macaron
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More