- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 40
- 1-1/2lb. fresh green beans, trimmed, cut into 1-inch length
- 3 slices chopped Bacon
- 1/2-c. finely chopped onions
- 2-Tbsp. flour
- 1-1/2c. milk
- 1 8-oz package of KRAFT Shredded Triple Cheddar Cheese with a TOUCH OF PHILADELPHIA
- 8- Crackers, crushed (about 1/3 cup)
- Cook beans in a large saucepan of boiling water; cook on medium heat 4 to 6 min. or until crisp-tender. Rinse with cold water; drain.
- COOK bacon in same saucepan on medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard all but 2 Tbsp. drippings from skillet. Add onions to reserved drippings; cook and stir 4 min. or until tender. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in milk until well blended; cook and stir 3 min. or until thickened. Add cheese; cook and stir 3 min. or until melted.
- STIR in beans and bacon; spoon into 1-1/2-qt. casserole sprayed with cooking spray. Top with cracker crumbs.
- BAKE 25 min. or until heated through.
NotesMy mother used to make this for all of the cook outs. I love it! I now make it for any dinner I attend. It's fairly simple to make and everyone loves it!
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More