- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 small (8 oz) bottle of prepared mustard
- Combine onions, garlic, smoked paprika, and cumin in a frying pan coated in cooking spray. Saute over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Place onion mixture in a food processor or chopper with pepper and mayonnaise.
- Puree until mixture is smooth. Add mustard and mix thoroughly.
- Serve warm immediately or chill for 1-2 hours. Goes great with pretzels, salty snack crackers, or raw veggies.
NotesOne of my favorite snacks is pretzels dipped in mustard, so I created this Smokey Mustard Dip. It’s not spicy, but you could easily make it hotter by using spicy mustard. You could also make it sweeter with honey mustard.