- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 (or more depending on your taste for heat) chipotle chilies in adobo sauce from the can
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 4 medium to large tomatillos, husked and cut in half.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add the tomatillos and garlic. Roast (really,BURN) for 3-4 minutes each side. Tomatillos should soften considerably.
- Remove tomatillos and garlic from pan to blender. Add chilpotle chilies and puree thoroughly.
- We just served with chips and it was fabulous!
NotesI made this for a superbowl party. It was a hit. It's from Rick Bayless's Everyday Mexican Cookbook. There are so many layers of flavor with this salsa. The chipotle in adobo lend some spice, while at the same time you get the tangy cool freshness of the tomatillos. Charring the tomatillos and garlic give it a great smoky taste.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free and Delicious
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More