- Cooking Time: 45min
- Servings: serves 6
- Preparation Time: 45 min.
BackstoryI found this recipe in the Denver Post and saved it for my Book Club and it was a great hit! Substituted Chicken for part of the pot as one person can not eat fish and that was good too. Added carrots for more veggies too.
Submitted by: "Susan A Williams"
- 4 ears of fresh corn (2 cans if fresh corn not available)
- 3 carrots chopped
- 4 bacon slices
- 1 med. white onion, chopped
- 1 t. salt
- 1t. smoked paprika
- 1/2 t. cayenne pepper
- 2 T. flour
- 2 med. baking potatoes, chopped
- 5cups of 2% reduced fat milk
- 1 pound shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 4 cups baby arugula or other peppery greens (parsley or spinach)
- 1. Cut corn kernels from cob. Scrape cobs with knife to release milk. Set aside.
- 2. Cook bacon in large Dutch oven or deep pan. Keep grease. Remove bacon and crumble and set aside.
- 3.Add onions (garlic if desired) corn salt and peppers and sauté 10 min.
- Add flour, whisking well, cook 2 minutes. Add potatoes and milk. Cook until thick and creamy (at least 10 minutes) Add shrimp and cook until shrimp turn pink and add arugula. Serve with crumbled bacon.
- Serves 6
- Nutritional facts per serving: 382 calories, 17g fat, 120g cholesterol, 25g protein, 33g carbohydrates, 3g fiber and 794 mg sodium.