- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- taco seasoning (packet or homemade... whatever you use)
- salsa (a couple spoonfuls of your favorite)
- low-sodium chicken stock
- liquid smoke
- diced onions
- diced green chilies
- diced bell peppers
- Put boneless skinless chicken breasts in a saucepan and just cover them with chicken stock.
- Add a packet of taco seasoning or the makings of taco seasoning whatever you use to spice your meat.
- Throw in a couple spoonfuls of salsa, any kind you have.
- If I have diced green chilies or onions or bell peppers in the fridge, I'll throw in some of that too.
- Then cook it down slowly until most of the liquid has cooked off.
- Remove from heat and shred the chicken (it should shred very easily and absorb the rest of the liquid)
- Then add a few good shakes of liquid smoke to the chicken and mix.
- Now it's ready to star in your favorite Mexican Chicken Recipe!
NotesThis chicken is my base for chicken enchiladas, burritos, tacos, nachos, Mexican chicken rice....
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Cooking for a Cure
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Frying Pan Cookies
Angel Food Cupcakes With Raspberry Swirl
Home-Style Asian BurgerSee More