- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- taco seasoning (packet or homemade... whatever you use)
- salsa (a couple spoonfuls of your favorite)
- low-sodium chicken stock
- liquid smoke
- diced onions
- diced green chilies
- diced bell peppers
- Put boneless skinless chicken breasts in a saucepan and just cover them with chicken stock.
- Add a packet of taco seasoning or the makings of taco seasoning whatever you use to spice your meat.
- Throw in a couple spoonfuls of salsa, any kind you have.
- If I have diced green chilies or onions or bell peppers in the fridge, I'll throw in some of that too.
- Then cook it down slowly until most of the liquid has cooked off.
- Remove from heat and shred the chicken (it should shred very easily and absorb the rest of the liquid)
- Then add a few good shakes of liquid smoke to the chicken and mix.
- Now it's ready to star in your favorite Mexican Chicken Recipe!
NotesThis chicken is my base for chicken enchiladas, burritos, tacos, nachos, Mexican chicken rice....
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Camp Nubar Baking Class
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Gluten-Free and DeliciousSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More