- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis chicken is my base for chicken enchiladas, burritos, tacos, nachos, Mexican chicken rice....
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- taco seasoning (packet or homemade... whatever you use)
- salsa (a couple spoonfuls of your favorite)
- low-sodium chicken stock
- liquid smoke
- diced onions
- diced green chilies
- diced bell peppers
- Put boneless skinless chicken breasts in a saucepan and just cover them with chicken stock.
- Add a packet of taco seasoning or the makings of taco seasoning whatever you use to spice your meat.
- Throw in a couple spoonfuls of salsa, any kind you have.
- If I have diced green chilies or onions or bell peppers in the fridge, I'll throw in some of that too.
- Then cook it down slowly until most of the liquid has cooked off.
- Remove from heat and shred the chicken (it should shred very easily and absorb the rest of the liquid)
- Then add a few good shakes of liquid smoke to the chicken and mix.
- Now it's ready to star in your favorite Mexican Chicken Recipe!