- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 3 cups
- Preparation Time:
- 8 smoked Plum Tomatoes, recipe follows
- 1 large poblano or 3 jalapenos, stemmed and finely diced
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Kosher salt
- Smoke the tomatoes according to the directions below. Cool them to room temperature.
- Peel off as much of the skins as will come off easily. Chop the tomatoes coarsely and toss them together with the chiles, red onion and cilantro in a bowl. Season with salt to taste. The salsa improves if it stands at room temperature for about half an hour before serving. You can refrigerate the salsa for up to one day. Bring it to room temperature and drain off any liquid before serving.
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
The Naked Macaron
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More