- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 3 cups
- Preparation Time:
- 8 smoked Plum Tomatoes, recipe follows
- 1 large poblano or 3 jalapenos, stemmed and finely diced
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Kosher salt
- Smoke the tomatoes according to the directions below. Cool them to room temperature.
- Peel off as much of the skins as will come off easily. Chop the tomatoes coarsely and toss them together with the chiles, red onion and cilantro in a bowl. Season with salt to taste. The salsa improves if it stands at room temperature for about half an hour before serving. You can refrigerate the salsa for up to one day. Bring it to room temperature and drain off any liquid before serving.
Italy or Bust
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Summertime SippersSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More