- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled & smashed
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2-28 oz. cans whole fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1-14.5 oz. can chicken broth (can also use vegetable broth)
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, chopped
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 36 slices rye cocktail bread
- 1-6 oz. block cheddar cheese, cut into 2" squares
- 1. Heat EVOO over medium heat in a saucepan. Add onion, garlic, & thyme; cook for 10 minutes. Add tomatoes, broth, & chipotle; lower heat & simmer for 15 minutes.
- 2. Puree soup using a blender.
- 3. Butter 1 side of each bread slice. Spread unbuttered side of half of the slices with mustard; top with a slice of cheese and remaining bread, buttered side up. Grill over medium heat in a nonstick skillet or griddle until cheese melts (3-4 minutes on each side). Serve with soup.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More