- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 40
- 12-16 ounces package bacon,
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 head of cabbage
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cut the bacon into 1/2" pieces and place in a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until crispy, then remove bacon and put aside. Reserve all the bacon fat.
- Cook the onion in the bacon fat until it's translucent and somewhat tender.
- Quarter, core and coarsely shred the cabbage. Add to the skillet and toss with the onions and fat until coated. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes, then uncover, toss again to mix and add salt and pepper to taste. Cook a minute or two more until the cabbage is barely tender, mix in bacon. Eat, moan with pleasure.
NotesThis is unbelievably good. Make sure you use sweet onions if at all possible.
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Italy or Bust
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook CafeSee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More