- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 whole chicken, cut up, rinsed and patted dry
- kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz. button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 8 oz. portobello mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 8 oz. shiitake mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 24-oz. can whole tomatoes, drained, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 3 cups dry white wine
- chopped fresh parsley, reserved for garnish
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a heavy skillet or braiser, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat.
- When butter stops foaming, add chicken in single layer, and brown chicken on all sides, 10-15 minutes.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Discard all but a thin film of fat from the pan. Add garlic, cook for 1 minute, then add mushrooms, cook, stirring frequently to prevent scorching.
- Cook them 4-5 minutes until pan juices evaporate.
- Return chicken and any accumulated juices to the pan, moving mushrooms to the top.
- Add the tomatoes and the wine.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover, and barely simmer until chicken is fork tender, 40 minutes or so.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mom's Cooking Secrets
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More