- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 whole chicken, cut up, rinsed and patted dry
- kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz. button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 8 oz. portobello mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 8 oz. shiitake mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 24-oz. can whole tomatoes, drained, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 3 cups dry white wine
- chopped fresh parsley, reserved for garnish
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a heavy skillet or braiser, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat.
- When butter stops foaming, add chicken in single layer, and brown chicken on all sides, 10-15 minutes.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Discard all but a thin film of fat from the pan. Add garlic, cook for 1 minute, then add mushrooms, cook, stirring frequently to prevent scorching.
- Cook them 4-5 minutes until pan juices evaporate.
- Return chicken and any accumulated juices to the pan, moving mushrooms to the top.
- Add the tomatoes and the wine.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover, and barely simmer until chicken is fork tender, 40 minutes or so.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
MidLife Road Trip's
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Italian White Bean Soup
Butterscotch Hard Candy
Meringue Candy CanesSee More