- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 75
- Cornmeal, for dusting
- 3 (1-lb) loaves frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 green, pimento-stuffed olives
- 6 Tbs olive oil
- 2 (12 oz) jars roasted red and yellow peppers, in oil
- 2 cups pitted olives, black and green, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup capers, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 oz arugula
- 1 lb thinly sliced prosciutto
- 3 lb fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1/4 large red pepper, for tongue
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cover a large (12-by-18-by-2-inch) baking pan with parchment; dust lightly with cornmeal.
- On a floured surface, combine all the dough and form a long, curvy snake shape; place on pan.
- Push two olives into head for eyes.
- Cut V-shaped scales down back. with scissors
- Brush dough with oil.
- Cover with plastic wrap or towels and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Bake until crust is golden, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cool in pan on rack.
- Remove roasted peppers from jars, drain and set aside.
- Add olive oil to oil from peppers to make 1 cup. (you may not need the whole cup)
- Combine oil, celery, olives, capers and red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- Slice loaf horizontally and place bottom half on tray; arrange arugula leaves on it.
- Layer on prosciutto and mozzarella, top with roasted red peppers.
- Spoon on celery/olive relish and replace top.
- Cut a forked tongue shape from red pepper and place in "mouth".
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More