- Cooking Time: 25 to 30 minutes
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking pan; set aside.
- 2. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium bowl; set aside.
- 3. Beat together the butter and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, and then the vanilla. Beat, scraping the bowl, until thoroughly combined. On low speed, gradually add the flour mixture until just combined. Give the dough a final stir with a spatula or wooden spoon to make sure the flour is incorporated.
- 4. Spread the dough evenly into the pan (I found an offset spatula was the best tool for the job, as it’s a thick batter). Combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle evenly over the top of the batter.
- 5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool completely before cutting. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
NotesAmazing cinnamon blondies with a perfect cinnamon-sugar top crust.