- Cooking Time: 45
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 recipe of your favorite pie crust
- or 1 rolled, refrigerated unbaked pie crust
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 1/2 plus 1/4 tsp cinnamon, divided
- 2 tsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 Tbs water
- 2 Tbs light corn syrup
- 1/2 plus 1 tsp vanilla, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare pie crust and line 9-in pie plate. In a bowl combine 1 Tbs. sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Brush melted butter over pie crust and sprinkle with 1 tsp of cinnamon sugar mix, set aside. (Reserve remaining cinnamon sugar).
- 2. For syrup, in a small saucepan combine brown sugar, 1/4 cup butter, water, corn syrup and 1/4 tsp cinnamon. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Boil gently for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in 1/2 tsp vanilla and set aside.
- 3. In a mixing bowl, beat 1/4 cup softened butter with an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Beat in sugar, powdered sugar, baking powder, salt and cream of tartar until well combined. Beat in egg and 1 tsp vanilla. Gradually beat in the milk until combined. Beat in flour. Spread evenly in crust-lined plate.
- 4. Slowly pour syrup over the filling in the pie plate, sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar. Cover edges of the pie with foil and bake 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake about 20 minutes more or until top is puffed and golden brown. Cool 30 minutes on a wire rack and serve warm.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
50 Shades of Taste
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More