- Cooking Time: 8 to 10
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryWhen I moved to Seattle I went down to Pike Place Market and found this great cookie place. I had my first snickerdoodle there and now everytime I go I have to get a snickerdoodle. I searched for a recipe online and came across this one.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cream together butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar, the eggs and the vanilla. Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt. Shape dough by rounded spoonfuls into balls.
- Mix the 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls of dough in mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until set but not too hard. Remove immediately from baking sheets.
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
The Help Cookbook: Food and Friendship
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
Anisette sponge cookiesSee More