- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryAnother recipe from my Introduction to Pastry Arts Class.
These come out great. Light, airy, soft in the middle with a little snap on the outside. And they hold a great shape.
- 1/2 unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 oz semi sweet chocolate, melted
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Cream in eggs and then vanilla.
- Sift flour, cream of tartar, baking, soda, and salt
- Mix dry ingredients into batter.
- Refrigerate dough for usage.
- Mix remaining 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Shape dough into 36 round balls.
- Roll balls in sugar mixture.
- Flatten slightly and place on baking sheet with parchment.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 12-14 minutes
- When cooled drizzle melted chocolate over cookies.