- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1-teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened (I use butter)
- 1-1/3 cups plus 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, cream of tartar, and baking soda.
- In a separate large bowl, with a mixer at medium speed, beat butter and 1-1/3 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Reduce speed to low; beat in flour mixture a little at a time, until well blended.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining 1/4 cup sugar. With your hands, shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in cinnamon sugar to coat. Place balls, 1 inch apart, on ungreased large cookie sheet. Bake until set and lightly golden brown and slightly crinkly on top, about 12 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheet on wire rack for about 1 minute. With a spatula, transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Makes about 54 cookies
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More