- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1-teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened (I use butter)
- 1-1/3 cups plus 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, cream of tartar, and baking soda.
- In a separate large bowl, with a mixer at medium speed, beat butter and 1-1/3 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Reduce speed to low; beat in flour mixture a little at a time, until well blended.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining 1/4 cup sugar. With your hands, shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in cinnamon sugar to coat. Place balls, 1 inch apart, on ungreased large cookie sheet. Bake until set and lightly golden brown and slightly crinkly on top, about 12 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheet on wire rack for about 1 minute. With a spatula, transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Makes about 54 cookies
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Food Travels Through Italy
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More