SNOW DAY MUFFINS
Snow Day Muffins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled and coarsely mashed
- 1 cup walnuts (Note: Totally optional, but I can’t imagine banana anything without some crunchy walnuts).
Makes 18 Muffins (or do what I did and bake 12 muffins and spoon the rest of the batter into a loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes)
Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners.
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium bowl to blend.
Beat the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl to blend.
Stir in the banana.
Add the dry ingredients and walnuts, and stir just until blended.
Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups. Bake the muffins on the middle rack until the tops are golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out with no crumbs attached, about 25 minutes.
Transfer the muffins to a rack and cool slightly.
View step by step images of this recipe at my food blog ErinCooks.com
Banana Muffins (Based on Giada De Laurentiss’s recipe originally published on the Food Network)