- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 20
- Preparation Time: 20
- • 200g milk chocolate
- • 2 tbsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- • 3 tbsp double cream
- • 50g cake crumbs
- • 5 tbsp Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Icing Sugar
- • Edible glitter or tiny stars to decorate
1. Break the chocolate and place in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Leave until melted, add the Lyle’s Golden Syrup and stir until smooth. Remove the bowl from the pan.
2. Stir in the cream and cake crumbs and mix well. Put in the fridge for about 1-2 hours until the mixture is stiff enough to handle.
3. To make into truffles, scoop out about 1 heaped teaspoon of the mixture and roll into a ball. Place on a plate and repeat until you have about 20 truffles.
4. Put your chosen finish into a teacup, then toss each truffle to coat evenly and carefully lift out into a paper cases. Return to the refrigerator to chill.
Store in the fridge for up to 4 days
Variation: use 200g good quality white chocolate (eg Green and Blacks) and add 50g chopped glace cherries
Tip: when making plain cupcakes, save two in the freezer to make cake crumbs.
Tip: look out for edible glitter or stars, Lakeland, Squires and Cake Craft World are good sources for fun cake decorations.
If you cannot find sparkly decorations the truffles can be coated in sieved Tate and Lyle Fairtrade Icing sugar
Website Credit: http://www.lylesgoldensyrup.com