- Cooking Time: 12 min
- Servings: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: 15 min
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Coat insides and rims of four 6-ounce ramekins with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with sugar and set on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate and cream. Micro-cook on 100 percent power (high) for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until smooth, stirring twice. Divide in half. Cover and cool to room temperature.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer on medium speed until foamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until soft peaks form (tips curl).
- Gently fold half of the cooled chocolate mixture into the beaten egg whites until combined. Spoon mixture into prepared ramekins. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center of soufflés comes out clean. Serve immediately. To serve, open the centers of the souffles with two spoons and pour in remaining chocolate mixture.