- Cooking Time: 20
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 package dry yeast
- 2 eggs
- Regular flour
- Scald one cup milk in a pan until skin forms over the top. Pour the milk over two heaping tablespoons shortening and one teaspoon salt. Set aside and let cool to lukewarm.
- Measure 1/3 cup sugar and 1 package dry yeast in a measuring cup. Mix in the measuring cup with just enough water to wet the mixture. Set aside.
- When the milk/shortening mixture is lukewarm, add it to the yeast mixture, and then add the 2 eggs.
- Add enough flour to make a soft, sticky dough.
- Grease a bowl and transfer the dough to the bowl, cover and let it rise until double.
- Punch dough down and make it up into rolls by pinching off and rolling pieces of the dough in melted shortening.
- Let rise to double before baking.
- Bake in a 400 degrees oven for 20 minutes.
NotesI got this recipe from a charity book called "Great Tastes Just Within Reach Volume II" which can be found here http://www.alastingworld.com/pop/ogf.html
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More