- Cooking Time: 20
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 package dry yeast
- 2 eggs
- Regular flour
- Scald one cup milk in a pan until skin forms over the top. Pour the milk over two heaping tablespoons shortening and one teaspoon salt. Set aside and let cool to lukewarm.
- Measure 1/3 cup sugar and 1 package dry yeast in a measuring cup. Mix in the measuring cup with just enough water to wet the mixture. Set aside.
- When the milk/shortening mixture is lukewarm, add it to the yeast mixture, and then add the 2 eggs.
- Add enough flour to make a soft, sticky dough.
- Grease a bowl and transfer the dough to the bowl, cover and let it rise until double.
- Punch dough down and make it up into rolls by pinching off and rolling pieces of the dough in melted shortening.
- Let rise to double before baking.
- Bake in a 400 degrees oven for 20 minutes.
NotesI got this recipe from a charity book called "Great Tastes Just Within Reach Volume II" which can be found here http://www.alastingworld.com/pop/ogf.html
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
My Family Cookbook
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More