- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- Pastry for 9" one-crust pie (I added some shredded Parmesan cheese to mine)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 handful arugula
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Pinch or two cayenne pepper
- 1 or 2 Avocados, sliced
- 1 tomato slice
- 1 handful grape tomatoes, cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 425' F
- Prepare your pastry and line your 9" pie plate with it.
- Beat the eggs and half and half. Add the bacon, cheese, onion, arugula, salt, pepper and cayenne. Pour into your prepared pie plate.
- Decorate the top with the tomatoes and avocado slices.
- If you don't want to do that...just chop it all up and mix it in with the rest of the goodies. Sprinkle the top with a little pepper if you'd like.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat down to 300' F and continue baking for another 30 minutes or so. If the crust is getting too dark, just cover it with a strip of tin foil. To test for done-ness, insert a knife halfway between the center and the edge. If the knife comes out clean, then its done. If not...back in the oven it goes.
- Allow the quiche to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
NotesThe California Avocado Commission sent me a case of avocados. Of course I had to do something special with them. I came up with a BLT w/ avocado quiche that even my non-quiche liking daughter loved! This would be great for a Sunday brunch or holiday breakfast.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More