- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstoryJapanese buckwheat noodles with steamed leeks and baby spinach dressed with a hint of wasabi.
- 6 ounces dry soba (Japanese buckwheat noodles)
- 1 leek
- 1 cup baby spinach
- ½ cup sprouts
- 4 tablespoons Wafu® Wasabi Edamame Japanese Dressing
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- White sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil over medium high heat.
- Add noodles and cook according to package instructions. Soba should be tender but firm.
- Drain soba in a colander and rinse under cold water.
- Slice leek into 1-inch thick rounds and place in a steamer basket.
- Fill a large pot with 1 inch of water. Bring water to a light boil. Place the steamer into the pot and cover. Steam for approximately 8 minutes or until tender. Remove leeks from steamer and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine soba, leek, baby spinach and sprouts. (The baby spinach will wilt slightly due to the warmth of the leeks.)
- In a small bowl, prepare the sauce by mixing the WAFU® Wasabi Edamame Japanese Dressing and the soya sauce.
- Place the salad on individual plates, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with the sauce.